Prime Sheep & Lamb
Total Yarding: 22,659
- Suckers XB: top $176, av $125.81
- Lambs Merino: top $112, av $77.20
- Lambs XB: top $192.20, av $125.55
- Hoggets XB: top $160, av $119.13
- Wethers Merino: top $165.20, av $99.07
- Ewes XB: top $161, av $107.47
- Ewes Merino: top $145, av $90.24
Lamb numbers declined and the quality fair to good. Light 2 score unshorn lambs remain well supplied and were supported by the usual restocking orders. Shorn trade weights lifted in numbers and there was a good run of heavy weights but extra heavy lambs remain in short supply. All the usual processors were operating in a firm to cheaper market.
The 2 score lambs to re-stockers were back $4 and sold from $88 to $126/head. Medium and heavy trade lambs were firm and sold from $120 to $154/head for new season lambs. Heavy lambs were firm to $2 cheaper and received $150 to $176 and extra heavy lambs have reached $192/head. Carcases averaged from 580c to 630c/kg cwt. The best of the hoggets made to $160/head.
Mutton numbers were steady and there was a good offering of heavy sheep. Medium weights and lighter 1 and 2 score mutton were better supplied. Prices were $6 to $7 cheaper. Medium weight ewes sold from $82 to $116/head. Heavy crossbred ewes reached $132 and long skinned Merinos $144/head. Merino wethers topped at $165/head. Carcase prices averaged 375c to 420c/kg cwt.
Market Report: MLA’s national reporting service, mla.com.au
- Prime Sheep & Lambs: Every Wednesday, 11am
- Prime Cattle: Every Thursday, 8am
- Store Cattle: Friday, February 23, 10am
- Weaner/Store Cattle: Friday, March 23, 10am