Prime Sheep & Lamb
Total Yarding: 18,054
- Suckers XB: top $157, av $118.96
- Lambs Merino: top $118.60, av $86.09
- Lambs XB: top $175.20, av $123.05
- Hoggets XB: top $152, av $125.38
- Wethers Merino: top $129.20, av $101.68
- Ewes XB: top $172, av $111.53
- Ewes Merino: top $130, av $74.45
Lamb numbers eased and the quality was fair to good.
Store lambs were well supplied but were back in numbers. Most of these were unshorn new season lambs.
Shorn trade lambs were well supplied and there was a good run of heavy lambs penned. All the usual lamb buyers were operating.
The 2 score restocking lambs sold from $69 to $123/head. Medium and heavy trades were firm and started at $117 for shorn lambs to $149/head.
Heavy lambs eased $5 to $6 and up to $10 in places and sold from $152 to $175/head. Carcase prices ranged from 600c to 645c/kg cwt on average. The best of the heavy hoggets made to $152/head.
Mutton numbers stay steady and quality mixed. Prices were $10 cheaper. Medium weight ewes sold from $77 to $104/head.
Heavy crossbreds to $172 and Merino wethers reached $129/head and averaged 360c to 420c/kg cwt.
Total Yarding: 634
- Light Steers <350: top 320c/kg, $1013/hd; av 269.3c/kg, $807/hd
- Light Heifers <350: top 322.5c/kg, $952/hd; av 258.2c/kg, $717/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500: top 289.2c/kg, $1351/hd; av 267.7c/kg, $1142/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500: top 263.4c/kg, $1210/hd; av 240c/kg, $948/hd
- Export Steers 501+: top 272c/kg, $1405/hd; av 251.6c/kg, $1339/hd
- Export Heifers 501+: top 245c/kg, $1262/hd; av 245c/kg, $1262/hd
- Cows: top 190c/kg, $1292/hd; av 171.6c/kg, $911/hd
- Bulls <700: top 215c/kg, $1484/hd; av 180.9c/kg, $687/hd
- Bulls >700: top 230c/kg, $2120/hd; av 223.6c/kg, $1937/hd
Cattle numbers eased and the quality was mixed.
There were a few weaners, which sold to re-stockers. Yearlings were well supplied but trade cattle were limited. There was a good run of grown steers and bullocks and only a limited number of cows.
Weaner steers sold to 322c for lightweights and heifers reached 304c/kg.
Feeder steers eased 9c on the medium weights, but were up to 8c dearer on the heavy steers.
Heavy weights sold from 230c to 290c, averaging 279c/kg. Feeder heifers eased 9c to 10c with most selling from 235c to 263c/kg. The few trade cattle sold to 270c/kg.
Grown steers were back 4c selling from 238c to 250c/kg.
Cows were 10c to 15c cheaper on a very small run.
The medium weight 2 score cows made from 148c to 170c/kg.
The heavy 3 and 4 scores made from 175c to 190c/kg.
Market Report: MLA’s national reporting service, mla.com.au
- Prime Sheep & Lambs: Every Wednesday, 11am
- Prime Cattle: Every Thursday, 8am
- Store Cattle: Friday, February 23, 10am
- Weaner/Store Cattle: Friday, March 23, 10am