Prime Sheep & Lamb
Total Yarding: 12,438
Category (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB: (9) top $58.20, av $58.20
- Lambs Merino: (350) top $122.20, av $83.57
- Lambs XB: (3625) top $172, av $121.70
- Hoggets XB: (67) top $160, av $120.47
- Wethers Merino: (2205) top $169.20, av $98.88
- Ewes XB: (1011) top $146.60, av $108.06
- Ewes Merino: (2818) top $157.20, av $80.18
There was a slight increase in lamb numbers but quality still remains mixed.
Good prime trade and heavy lambs were in short supply while the bulk of the lambs were shorn lightweights best suited to re-stockers. The market was dearer.
Restocking lambs gained $10 selling from $75 to $116 with heavier weights to $122/head.
Medium trade lambs were firm and heavy trades lifted $6 to make from $112 to $148/head to average 600c to 630c/kg cwt.
The few heavy lambs gained $5 to $6 to sell from $146 to $172/head. Hoggets reached $160/head.
Mutton numbers lifted and quality remains mixed.
Ewes gained $10 to $13 while a better run of wethers improved $15 to $20/head.
Medium weight ewes made from $83 to $120, heavy crossbreds made $146 and Merino ewes $157/head.
Big Merino wethers topped at $176/head.
- Prime Sheep and Lambs: Every Wednesday, 11am
- Prime Cattle: Every Thursday, 8am
- Ray White Goat Sale: Monday, March 5, noon
- Weaner Sale: Friday, March 16, 10am
- Store Cattle/Weaner Sale: Friday, March 23, 10am
MLA's National Livestock Reporting Service: mla.com.au
- Prime Cattle, see page 7