Total Yarding: 982
Cattle numbers eased slightly and the quality was again mixed. There was a good run of feeder steers and heifers while there were a few more plain secondary cattle penned.
Trade cattle were very limited. Bullocks and heavy grown heifers were better supplied and there was a good run of heavy cows.
Heavy restocking weaner steers reached 324c, while light vealer heifers sold from 240c to 284c/kg. Medium weights feeder steers lifted 10c selling from 260c to 302c and heavy weights averaged 270c/kg.
There was less competition on heifers and feeder heifers eased 6c to 9c on most selling from 220c to 263c/kg. Light restocking heifers topped at 275c/kg.
Grown steers and bullocks lifted 20c and more in some places to make from 260c to 274c/kg.
Heavy grown heifers lifted similarly to make from 222c to 249c/kg. Medium weight cows to process lifted 4c selling from 165c to 192c and heavy weights gained 8c to 13c to make from 180c to 217c to average 206c/kg.
Category, Weight (Qty) c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers <350: (178) top 324.6c/kg, $1031/hd, av 259.7c/kg, $739/hd
- Light Heifers <350: (136) top 275.6c/kg, $868/hd, av 238.2c/kg, $676/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500: top 302c/kg, $1346, av 274.8c/kg, $1131/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500: (187) top 262c/kg, $1154/hd, av 233.9c/kg, $972/hd
- Export Steers 501+: top 275c/kg, $1765/hd, av 265.2c/kg, $1486/hd
- Export Heifers 501+: (24) top 262.2c/kg, $1726/hd, av 239.8c/kg, $1392/hd
- Cows: (195) top 241.2c/kg, $1656/hd, av 202.7c/kg, $1191/hd
- Bulls <700: (8) top 201c/kg, $1109/hd, av 141.8c/kg, $540/hd
- Bulls >700: (3) top 200c/kg, $1877/hd, av 193.2c/kg, $1773/hd
MLA's National Livestock Reporting Service: mla.com.au
- See page 4 of this edition for upcoming sales.