Prime Sheep and Lamb
Wednesday, April 11
Numbers lifted this sale though lambs remained similar.
Lamb quality was very mixed with a large percentage of plainer types penned.
There was less weight yarded than previous weeks and the usual buyers were present and competing in an easier market.
Light lambs sold from $112 to $118/head. Trade weight were $3 to $5 easier with prices from $120 to $138/head.
Heavy lambs sold from $135 to $151 and extra heavy weights received from $150 to $174/head.
Carcase prices averaged from 586c to 615c/kg cwt.
Mutton numbers showed the increase.
Merinos made up the majority of the offering and quality was also very mixed.
Prices were strong with Merino ewes selling from $96 to $140/head.
Crossbreds sold from $105 to $146/head.
Merino wethers ranged in price from $90 to $156/head.
Market Report: MLA's National Livestock Reporting Service
Cat (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Suckers XB (0)
- Lambs Merino (647): top $118, av $64.76
- Lambs XB (5894): top $174.60, av $110.73
- Hoggets XB (202): top $145, av $108.27
- Wethers Merino (2618): top $156.20, av $101.29
- Ewes XB (1102) top $148.60, av $101.05
- Ewes Merino (4684): top $140.20, av $71.13
- Prime Sheep & Lambs: Every Wednesday, 11am
- Prime Cattle: Every Thursday, 8am
- Store Sale: Friday April 27, 10am
- Weaner Sale: Friday May 11, 10am
- Goat Sale: Monday May 14, noon