- Above: Delta Agribusiness selling 177 XB Ewes on behalf of ‘Bobbara Station’, Union Agriculture, Galong for $183.2ph.
SELX May 30
Prime Sheep and Lamb
Total Yarding: 16,678
Lamb numbers lifted and the quality remains average.
Light lambs were best supplied and while there was a small run of good trade and heavy lambs, quality eased quickly.
Extra heavy lambs remain in short supply. The market was dearer.
Restocking lambs to 20kg sold from $78 to $130/head. 2 score processing lambs sold from $74 to $122/head.
Medium and heavy trade weight lambs gained $4 to $8 and sold from $124 to $148/head.
Heavy lambs sold from $144 to $168, extra heavy lambs sold to $175/head averaging 580c to 630c/kg cwt.
Hoggets reached $184/head.
Mutton numbers lifted and the increase was mostly in the ewes.
There was a good run of heavy crossbreds but most fell into the medium weight range.
Prices were close to firm. Medium weights sold from $98 to $130/head.
Heavy crossbred ewes made from $147 to $183/head.
Most averaged from 460c to 500c/kg cwt.
Category (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB (32): top $78, av $78
- Lambs Merino (429): top $120, av $70.27
- Lambs XB (6340): top $175, av $118.94
- Hoggets XB (239): top $184.20, av $139.57
- Wethers Merino (1276): top $123, av $95.01
- Ewes XB (1283): top $183.20, av 134
- Ewes Merino (4885): top $148, av $94.70