July 5, yarding 913
Cat, Wgt (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers <350 (287), top 311.6c/kg, $1056/hd; av 274c/kg, $716/hd
- Light Heifers <350 (178), top 305c/kg, $1022/hd, av 201.9c/kg, $532/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500 (125), top 320.4c/kg, $1532/hd; av 288.4c/kg, $1197/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500 (113), top 285.2c/kg, $1164/hd; av 244.8c/kg, $956/hd
- Export Steers 501+ (35), top 305c/kg, $1646/hd;
- av 278.5c/kg, $1502/hd
- Export Heifers 501+ (6), top 220c/kg, $1254/hd; av 205.2c/kg, $1132/hd
- Cows (149), top 218.2c/kg, $1806/hd; av 180.7c/kg, $977/hd
- Bulls <700 (13), top 217.6c/kg, $1407/hd; av 210.5c/kg, $1010/hd
- Bulls >700 (4), top 230c/kg, $2898/hd; av 209c/kg, $1923/hd
Numbers were similar and the quality was mixed. There were a few more weaners for re-stockers and a small run of heavy butcher vealers. Yearlings were well supplied and most went to feeders. There were a few good pens of heifers but the majority were in poorer condition than previous weeks. Grown steers were in very short supply and there were fewer cows. Young cattle sold to a dearer trend while cows were cheaper.
Weaner steers to re-stockers mostly sold from 254c to 311c, up 30c on last sale, while heavy butcher vealers reached 305c/kg. Medium and heavy feeder steers gained 9c and sold from 250c to 320c/kg for heavy weights. Feeder heifers were dearer on a plainer run and C scores sold from 254c to 282c/kg. Trade steers were firm at 275c/kg.
Grown steers were limited and most went to feeders and sold from 280c to 302c/kg. Cows were 9c to 14c cheaper and the 2 score medium weights made from 140c to 175c/kg. The heavy 3 and 4 score cows sold from 178c to 218c, while the prime 4 scores averaged 207c/kg.
Prime Sheep, Lamb
July 4, yarding 13,092
Lamb numbers eased and the quality remains mixed. Light lambs were still well supplied and prime trade and heavy lambs were only in reasonable numbers. There were similar numbers of Merino lambs and light trade weights were best supplied. The market was firm to dearer.
The 2 score processing lambs were firm selling from $72 to $120/head. Restocking lambs reached $118/head. Medium and heavy trade weights were $5 to $6 dearer on the finished lambs and sold from $134 to $188/head. Heavy lambs were firm $165 to $204 and extra heavy weights reached $226/head. Carcase prices averaged between 680c and 730c/kg cwt. Merino lambs sold $113 to $134/head for trade weights. Hoggets reached $190/head.
Mutton numbers lifted and the quality varied from very light Merino ewes to a larger offering of heavy crossbreds. Prices were firm on the sheep with cover while plain sheep were dearer. Medium weight ewes sold to $146/head. Heavy crossbreds reached $220 and Merino wethers reached $192/head.
Cat (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB (11), top $108; av $108
- Lambs Merino (1430), top $150; av $85.48
- Lambs XB (4410), top $226.50; av $137.17
- Hoggets XB (85), top $190.60; av $131.93
- Wethers Merino (2703), top $192.20; av $120.52
- Ewes XB (696), top $220;av $147.53
- Ewes Merino (2656), top $163.20; av $108.09
- Store Sale: Friday July 27, 10am