Prime Sheep, Lamb
Lamb numbers eased and included 13,500 new season lambs.
The quality was plain to fair with the majority of the lambs new season store lambs.
Trade weights were limited and heavy weights were in short supply.
Merino lambs were back in volume and there were only a few shorn lambs offered.
Additionally, the market was dearer.
New season lambs to restock sold from $96 to $122/head. Heavier weights to feed reached $143/head. Medium and heavy trade weights were $6 to $10 dearer, receiving from $131 to $164/head.
Heavy lambs lifted $9 making from $166 to $185/head. Carcase prices averaged from 680c to 710c/kg cwt.
Merino lambs sold to $103/head for light weights. Old lambs reached $175/head for heavy weights. Hoggets sold to $150/head.
Mutton numbers eased and the quality was good. Light sheep sold slightly cheaper on average, while the better covered medium weights lifted $10, with heavy weights making $10 to $20/head more.
Medium weight ewes sold from $81 to $130/head. Heavy crossbred ewes sold from $121 to $153 and Merino ewes made to $158/head. Carcass prices averaged from 445c to 460c/kg cwt.
Category (Qty) $/Hd
- Suckers XB 11,494 Top $185.00; av $113.48
- Lambs Merino 752 Top $103.00; av $82.47
- Lambs XB 2288 Top $175.00; av $79.91
- Hoggets XB 114 Top $150.20; av $113.98
- Wethers Merino 1643 Top $135.60; av $96.76
- Ewes XB 1892 Top $153.60; av $96.88
- Ewes Merino 4551 Top $158.60; av $89.15
Cattle numbers eased and the quality was again plain to fair.
Yearlings were best supplied, along with a few weaners. Restockers were very strong on the plainer and lighter cattle.
Prime grown steers were limited and there were a few heavy grown heifers.
Around 250 cows were penned and light lean cows were in demand.
The market sold to a dearer trend.
Most of the weaners to restock sold 25c to 30c dearer, with light steers making from 152c to 250c, while medium weights reached 302c/kg. Weaner heifers to restock sold from 170c to 242c/kg.
Medium weight feeder steers lifted 12c to make from 285c to 308c and heavy weights topped at 302c/kg to remain firm.
Feeder heifers made from 235c to 258c/kg. Heavy trade steers were dearer making from 273c to 298c/kg.
Prime heavy bullocks sold from 280c to 297c, while heavy grown heifers were firm, making from 228c to 248c/kg.
Plain medium weight cows increased 30c to make from 176c to 219c/kg. Prime heavy cows were firm, receiving from 214c to 240c/kg.
- Cat, Wgt (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers < 350 202 Top 305 $1010; av 256.1 $563
- Light Heifers < 350 242 Top 291.6 $948; av 205.9 $507
- Trade Steers 351 - 500 115 Top 308.2 $1438; av 283.3 $1150
- Trade Heifers 351 - 500 109 Top 269.2 $1268; av 228.2 $914
- Export Steers 501+ 12 Top 297.2 $2147; av n/a $1730
- Export Heifers 501+ 17 Top 263.2 $1674; av 253.8 $1351
- Cows 268 Top 250 $1721; av 212.2 $1098