Prime Sheep and Lamb
Numbers eased for the last sale of the year and the quality was mixed.
There were good numbers of light lambs and trade weights were in reasonable numbers, but heavy lambs were in short supply. The market was firm to slightly dearer.
Restocking lambs ranged from $84 to $117/head. Feeder lambs reached $136/head.
The 2 score processing lambs sold from $106 to $119/head.
Medium and heavy trade weights remained firm at $124 to $155/head. Heavy weight lambs made $153 to $186 and extra heavy weight lambs $215/head. Carcase prices averaged 660c to 710c/kg cwt.
Hoggets reached $158 and Merino lambs made from $108 to $124/head. Mutton numbers also fell and quality was mixed. Prices were firm to $5 dearer on light and medium weights and eased $2 to $4/head on heavy weight sheep.
Medium weight ewes made $84 to $125/head. Heavy crossbreds made from $117 to $128 and merino wethers from $115 to $152/head. Carcase prices averaged around 420c/kg cwt.
Category (Qty) $/Hd
- Suckers XB 4,543 Top $215.00; av $135.92
- Lambs Merino 700 Top $124.20; av $62.82
- Lambs XB 3,449 Top $200.00; av $138.82
- Hoggets XB 113 Top $158.00; av $109.48
- Wethers Merino 1,390 Top $147.20; av $88.76
- Ewes XB 1,446 Top $135.60; av $93.78
- Ewes Merino 3,496 Top $120.00; av $73.85
Market Report: MLA's National Livestock Reporting Service.