Prime Sheep, Lamb
Cat (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB (2741) top $165, av $131.20
- Lambs Merino (562) top $131, av $85.72
- Lambs XB (3236) top $190, av $126.91
- Hoggets XB (356) top $160, av $127.20
- Wethers Merino (5757) top $137.60, av $93.85
- Ewes XB (1704) top $143, av $103.63
- Ewes Merino (3679) top $115, av $80.61
Lamb numbers eased and quality was good with a good run of well finished trade and heavy lambs. There were reasonable numbers of lighter longer wool lambs which suited feeder orders and were presented in drier condition. Merinos were limited. The market sold to a dearer trend.
The 2 score processing lambs ranged from $103 to $116/head. Restockers and feeders paid $138 to $145/head for the longer wool lighter lambs. Medium and heavy trade weights averaged $4 to $6 dearer and sold between $138 and $148/head averaging 660c to 690c/kg cwt. Heavy lambs sold from $153 to $168 and extra heavy lambs reached $190/head. Hoggets reached $160/head.
Mutton numbers fell slightly and quality varied. Most sheep sold up to $10/head dearer. Medium weights sold from $85 to $104/head. Heavy crossbred ewes $126 to $143/head. Merino wethers reached $137/head. Carcase prices ranged from 410c to 440c/kg cwt on average.
Cattle numbers eased and the quality was good. There were plenty of yearlings which were ideal for feeders. Young calves were well supplied and were keenly sought after by restockers. Around 250 cows were penned. No prime grown steers were offered. The market sold to a mixed price trend.
Light weaner steers to restock were cheaper with steers 168c to 250c and heifers 132c to 191c/kg. Heavy weights were firm with steers 274c to 299c and heifers 200c to 220c/kg. Feeder steers were 10c dearer selling from 261c to 299c/kg. Heifers were 10c cheaper on the medium weights and reached 256c/kg. Trade heifers were firm selling between 250c and 257c/kg.
Light grown steers to feed made from 255c to 275c/kg. Cows lifted 10c to 15c/kg with the return of a usual cow buyer. The 2 score cows sold from 155c to 176c/kg. Heavy 3 and 4 scores made from 182c to 209c/kg. The prime 4 score cows averaged 202c/kg.
Cat, Wgt (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers <350 (127) top 299.2c/kg, $1004/hd; av 262.9c/kg, $769/hd
- Light Heifers <350 (259) top 261c/kg, $867/hd; av 207.6c/kg, $525/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500 (120) top 298.2c/kg, $1227/hd; av 278.2c/kg, $1097/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500 (143) top 258.2c/kg, $1132/hd; av 222.5c/kg, $892/hd
- Export Steers 501+ (1) top 269c/kg, $1372/hd; av n/a
- Export Heifers 501+ (5) top 212c/kg, $1404/hd; av 202.7c/kg, $1134/hd
- Cows (255) top 226.2c/kg, $1581/hd; av 179.6c/kg, $926/hd
- Bulls <700 (36) top 240c/kg, $956/hd; av 171.6c/kg, $488/hd
- Bulls >700 (12) top 200c/kg, $1840/hd; av 183.7c/kg, $1519/hd
- Prime Sheep and Lambs: Every Wednesday, 11am
- Prime Cattle: Thu, 8am
- Goat Sale: Monday February 4, noon