Prime Sheep, Lamb
Cat (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB (2193) top $160, av $104.35
- Lambs Merino (674) top $86, av $49.64
- Lambs XB (2798) top $173.60, av $119.36
- Hoggets XB (220) top $150, av $112.50
- Wethers Merino (884) top $121, av $87.43
- Ewes XB (1603) top $130.60, av $92.14
- Ewes Merino (5212) top $120, av $71.99
Lamb numbers lifted slightly and quality was mixed. There were pens of very good trade and heavy lambs, shorn and unshorn, that were supplementary fed, but there was an increase in lambs that were lacking finish. Light store lambs were also back in numbers. Extra heavy lambs remain limited. The market trend was firm on the plainer lambs and lifted $2 to $4/head on the trade and heavy weights.
Restocking lambs sold from $80 to $126/head. The 2 score processing lambs made from $76 to $100/head. Medium and heavy trade weights were $2 to $4 dearer, receiving from $126 to $153/head. Heavy lambs made from $153 to $173/head. Carcase prices averaged from 660c to 680c/kg cwt. Hoggets reached $133/head.
Mutton numbers decreased and again comprised primarily light and medium weight sheep. Prices were back $6 to $9/head. Light sheep sold from $40 to $62/head. Medium weights received from $72 to $102/head. Heavy crossbred ewes sold from $118 to $130/head. Carcase prices made from 380c to 420c/kg cwt.
Numbers lifted and the increase was mainly from cows. There was a very god run of medium and heavy feeders and there was more interest in heavier and better covered lines. Weaners were also well supplied and there were several large drafts of light weights. Grown steers were in short supply and there were 370 cows offered.
Weaner steers sold from 259c to 295c and heifers reached 281c/kg to restockers. Vealers to the trade made from 248c to 260c/kg. Light and medium weight feeder steers sold 8c to 12c cheaper on average, but the better bred steers were close to firm, making from 242c to 295c/kg. Heavy 3 score steers to feed lifted 10c and sold to 288c/kg. Feeder heifers were firm to 8c cheaper, receiving from 222c to 260c/kg. Heavy trade steers sold from 260c to 274c/kg.
2 tooth heifers to feed reached 255c and heavy weights to process sold for 254c/kg. Cows eased 4c to 5c, as the 2 score cows received from 145c to 176c, while the heavy 3 and 4 scores made from 172c to 211c/kg. Heavy 4 score cows averaged 201c/kg.
Cat, Wgt (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers <350 (227) top 295.2c/kg, $1022/hd, av 264.7c/kg, $728/hd
- Light Heifers <350 (309) top 275.2c/kg, $893/hd, av 227.6c/kg, $615/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500 (158) top 292.2c/kg, $1331/hd, av 265.3c/kg, $1091/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500 (94) top 258.2c/kg, $1252/hd, av 217.4c/kg, $873/hd
- Export Steers 501+ (4) top 258c/kg, $1425/hd, av 227.3c/kg, $1358/hd
- Export Heifers 501+ (25) top 255.2c/kg, $1532/hd, av 207c/kg, $1144/hd
- Cows (389) top 211c/kg, $1418/hd, av 174.8c/kg, $903/hd
- Bulls <700 (22) top 185c/kg, $1173/hd, av 158c/kg, $569/hd
- Bulls >700 (9) top 230c/kg, $5473/hd, av 202.7c/kg, $1837/hd