Prime Sheep, Lamb
Cat (Qty) $/hd
- Suckers XB (348), top $127, av $91.93
- Lambs Merino (739), top $115, av $64.66
- Lambs XB (4277), top $163, av $112.76
- Hoggets XB (193), top $150, av $107.80
- Wethers Merino (770), top $124, av $88.05
- Ewes XB (760), top $132, av $100.27
- Ewes Merino (3034), top $112, av $73.24
Lamb numbers eased due to storms in the supply area and the quality was a little plainer, but there still was a good run of trade weights. Heavy lambs were very limited and light weights were in good numbers with restockers after light shorn lambs. The market mostly sold to a cheaper trend with quality a major factor.
Light lambs to restock sold $8 dearer to make $107 to $124/head. 2 score processing lambs were $7 dearer making $74 to $110 and feeders paid to $145/head. Medium and heavy trade weights were $10 to $15 cheaper on average with quality a factor to make $118 to $149/head. The better end of the lambs were back $4 to $5/head. Carcase prices averaged 610c to 640c/kg. Heavy lambs sold from$146 to $163/head. Hoggets reached $150/head. Young Merino ewes to restock reached $132/head.
Mutton numbers eased and quality varied. Light sheep held firm and the medium and heavy weights were back $10 to $15/head. Light sheep ranged from $38 to $68/head. Medium weights $73 to $95 and heavy crossbreds $88 to $118/head. Carcase prices 330c to 370c/kg.
Cattle numbers lifted and the quality was mixed. There was a large draft of weaners which sold to strong demand. Yearlings were back both in quality and weight. Grown steers numbers rose, but most were under 450kg in weight and around 240 cows were penned. There were fewer prime heavy weight cows. Light restocking cattle sold to a dearer trend, while most of the market sold to similar rates.
Restocking weaners lifted 10c to 15c, with light steers under 200kg reaching 326c and heavier weights 317c/kg. Heifers sold to 282c/kg. Medium weight feeder steers were firm at 249c to 290c and with less heavy feeder orders heavy weights sold between 250c and 258c/kg. Medium weight feeder heifers were similar at 229c to 251c/kg. Heavy trade cattle lifted 8c to make 255c to 278c/kg.
Heavy grown steers sold from 240c to 262c/kg. Plainer restocking cows lifted 7c to make 130c to 160c/kg. The 2 score processing cows were firm selling at 145c to 172c and heavy weights made 176c to 197c with C muscle to 210c/kg.
Cat, Wgt (Qty), c/kg, $/hd
- Light Steers <350 (360), top 326.2c/kg, $967/hd; av 274.9c/kg, $680/hd
- Light Heifers <350 (470), top 282.2c/kg, $849/hd; av 235.8c/kg, $571/hd
- Trade Steers 351-500 (175) top 280c/kg, $1294/hd; av 259.4c/kg, $1048/hd
- Trade Heifers 351-500 (121), top 279.2c/kg, $1171/hd; av 236.5c/kg, $974/hd
- Export Steers 501+ (22), top 262c/kg, $1651/hd; av 241.8c/kg, $1326/hd
- Export Heifers 501+ (11), top 235c/kg, $1363/hd; av 216.8c/kg, $1207/hd
- Cows (284), top 212c/kg, $1723/hd; av 177.4c/kg, $927/hd
- Bulls <700 (36), top 279.2c/kg, $1165/hd; av 200.3c/kg, $537/hd
- Bulls >700 (5), top 210c/kg, $1743/hd; av 187.4c/kg, $1460/hd